Where have I been for the last few days? I need my Blog fix


APPOLOGIES; My son has been editing my blogs to date which is why they read so well. So no you are going to have to free wheel with me and my grammer in it's raw (better) form!
I have to say that I am starting to notice the wrinkles more and more! That is most definately why God allows our eyesight to fade as we get older and our long term memory to remain sharp, that's why I am still just as devestatingly handsome as ever!
As I think I said on the last blog insert I had a great evening with Johns Youth Group in Painswick.
Regular start of 8.30 and a beautiful and joyfully fast downhill scoot into Gloucester. I buzzed straight through as I felt good and fresh and had a lunch date with my brother-in-law, Dickie in Worcester. To be fair it was a regular day as far as the weather goes. Bright in the morning until about 9 to 9.30, and then the clouds blow in and it's a lottery between chilly wind, mizzle, drizzle and monsoon downpour. The hat, glasses and raincoat have to keep coming off and going on. All a bit of a chore, but a great excuse to stop every now and then to rest the old legs and allow the derrier to get the blood back into it and get some of it's original shape back!
Thanks to mobile phone technology we found each other easily, then I locked my bike to Dickies car and we went for some food. Nice enough but short on quantity and quality, but that wasn't the main focus anyway. We had a great time catching up and having a laugh for an hour. I should tell you that Dickie took the day off and drove across from Aberystwyth on the Welsh coast, about two and a half hours each way. How cool is that! I can tell you that it gave me a great boost!
Unfortunately I still had an awfull lot of miles to go as I was aiming for Telford that night to meet at a Baptist church and talk to twenty or so young people and their leaders about my bike ride pains and what my aims are. That is to raise money for the Teenage cancer trust and meet with Youth leaders up the length of Britain to chat about our hopes and failiures and how we might be able to help each other in the future. Also of course that I just wanted to do the bike for my own satisfaction!
It was a great privilege talking to the teens and they even listened, but then of course as I am much a sought after 'after dinner' speaker these days it's hardly a surprise! (just joking, I'm probably a bit over tired?)
At 75ish miles that was my longest day to date and I was glad to finally lay down in bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Proper

My Ride- Gary Fisher 29er X-Caliber//Hardtail

The shame of Gretna Green