Not to be out done.


As you may remember from some of my early posts, it has been my intention to meet with churches along the way to discuss with them what they do with the teenagers in their area, if anything of course?

I had thought that this was a night off, even though I was staying at a host home. Well how wrong was I?

No sooner had I finished shaking the hands of other cycling teams that had finished at about the same time as myself and swapped a few short stories, than this lady in a nice car asked me if I was Steve Lee and if so would I like to follow her to her house as we only had three quarters of an hour before the meeting that she had set with some interested people from the area.

It was quite whirlwind, but a brilliant way to end my trip.


It has been about meeting like minded people up the length of Britain as much as the scenery and raising money for the Teenage cancer Trust. Not to mention the need to eat twice my own bodyweight in food each time I stopped!

Did I mention that I have been interviewed by Park Radio about seven times for 5 minutes a time? And that I had my picture in the Sennen local newspaper close to Lands End!

I think I have had my 15minutes of fame don't you?


All in all quite thought provoking!


Today I have been blessed by Jenny , who has allowed me to eat her food, drink her tea and use her computer to fill in the blanks from the last few days.

Tomorrow I meet my family for the first time in 17 days, I can't wait.......

Comments

  1. Happy memories. If I had known though, I would have made it a round trip as the mix of scenery and meeting amazing Youth workers in the evenings was like an electrical recharge every night! I just didn't want it to end...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Proper

My Ride- Gary Fisher 29er X-Caliber//Hardtail

The shame of Gretna Green