Glencoe...

The Commando Memorial just above Spean Bridge just above Fort William
Some of the main street Glencoe.

Please accept my appologies for the disarray of the photographs. My computing skills are not up to my juggling skills, and so I could not get them to go quite as I wanted. More practice needed I think! Mmmm! where could I go next?This was the first time that I encountered the infamous 'Scottish Midge' and boy do they bite! Once one has found you and rings the dinner gong you soon become out numbered and out gunned. That is unless you use the Avon beauty product 'skin so soft', so effective that armies around the world issue it to their men!

The ride upto Glencoe was very UP and the ride across the top was hilly and quite lovely, but the ride into and down through Glencoe was beautiful as I said earlier. I managed a few shots to give you a feel, but my camera skills could not convey the size and majesty that your eyes collect in their peripheral vision, even at 90 million miles and hour as I flew down hill!
























Dinner that night was not as I had hoped as they do not have a restaurant and so I had to hit the 'free food' shelf that exists in most hostels. This is left over or completely unused and surplus to requirement by people moving on from the area, often to go home. So I had pasta, a jar of black olives and a tin of meat balls for main course followed by peanut butter toast and sweet tea, yum!


PS would you believe it, but one of the clothing designers for Altura, a good, affordable cycle clothing brand, that I pretty much stand up in was also doing the End to End.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Proper

My Ride- Gary Fisher 29er X-Caliber//Hardtail

The shame of Gretna Green