Off the moor into the flatter lands, Somerset

The first half of today - Sunday - was, as usual, terrible ups and totally thrilling downs; plenty of sweat and screaming muscles until I rolled into Exeter, and then things smoothed out slightly, until I finally got to Taunton and spotted the canal towpath all the way to Bridgwater - 12 miles of flat, no traffic calm. I arrived at my next accommodation, and met Rachael, the youth worker of the URC church. And my hostess Margaret.
I was able to spend a brilliant hour talking to Rachael as I had Alison in Penzance, and Jen in Moretonhampstead, about all of the exciting works that they get up to with teens in their area. And the idea of making friends in churches that can join my 'MySpace' friendship group of like minded people up the length of the UK.
They prayed for me during the evening service and allowed me to share the reasons behind my stupidity at planning a trip such as this!
This picture is of the cafe that has been set up for teens inside the disused church, that they have since been given all of and are now also planning to build a climbing wall and make a sound proof recording studio type room for rock band practice.





Sunday 5th July - Fourth Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Proper

My Ride- Gary Fisher 29er X-Caliber//Hardtail

The shame of Gretna Green