The shame of Gretna Green


Being a stay at home type I have never managed to make it to many I the sights of Britain and so on my way to my first nights stop in Scotland I thought I couldn't possibly get so close to the, World famous, 'not' church marriage haven.





Well of course I am several decades to late to be able to see it for its original charm and romance! Now people come from all over the world to look and watch, and couples (quite mad, if you ask me) are paying, I suppose, to have their very personal moment photographed by tourists like myself. Seems all abit strange?
The complex is designed now as a total money making device, all very clever but to a cynic such as I completely yuk!

They do a very nice ice-cream though!

Comments

  1. What is the flavour of ice cream Steve?

    Colin Davison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't remember the flavour, but all I was really after was the sugar! Sweet tea and Mars bars were my favourite inbetween meals snacks.
    Thanks for taking an interest Colin, and how do I know you, that is of course if I do know you? I guess you may have just found my trip by accident?
    Steve L

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Proper

My Ride- Gary Fisher 29er X-Caliber//Hardtail