For the nature lovers among you, (mostly Nigel Spooner)


The whole of Britain is beatiful but to be able to take photos from the roadside with the weather not really knowing what it wants to do is quite a challenge especially as everything has to be wrapped in polythene bags against the rain, so as you can imagine the good bits are often the ones you cycle through because its raining or to be honest with you, I just could not actually be bothered! (A terrible thing to have to admit).
Buzzards, fallow dear, beautiful roadside flowers and weeds and of course at this time of year the perfectly manicured fields of wheat and what ever else is a good paying cash crop I suppose?
The incredible hills of Cornwall and Devon give way to the delightful flatness of middle England and now I have just started to climb into the hills of the Lake District and Scotland, my final prize.....
By the way I must take this moment to say that I think today was longer than the ride to Telford. I will be checking the maps when I get a chance Carri!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Proper

My first proper day in the saddle...

The shame of Gretna Green