Loch Lomond

Finally the bit I have been looking forward to, and guess what so had everyone else in the entire world!
There was more traffic on this 30 mile stretch than at any time in my whole trip! Oh my shattered dreams! I did finally wake up to the fact that there is a cycle/footpath along the edge of alot of the loch close to the waters edge. Made up of some of the old road and new footpath but very overgrown tarmac paths.
Away from the rushing traffic the loch came back into focus for me and the sun shone, what more could I ask? The only problem now was that I was not making good enough time and so after about an hour cycling on the waters edge I had to pop back out into the traffic.
Loch Lomond road is fairly flat and so it is easier to make good time, until you get to the end and start to climb into the hills. A flurry of rain got my raincoat on and turned me into a pressure cooker, so I had to take it back off and just get wet!
The scenery is just as described by the poets, photographed in the magazines and the reason the Queen comes here on holiday. Totally beautiful, menacing and exciting with a magnetism that is hard for me to resist!
The climb up from Bridge of Orchy was long but the views oh so beatiful, then across the top until dropping into Glencoe and then amazingly even more wow!
If you have not been then make the effort, even in the rain it is majestic and awsom!
The hostel was a welcome end to the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Proper

My Ride- Gary Fisher 29er X-Caliber//Hardtail

The shame of Gretna Green