Rain... and pain in equal measure


My next trip out looked good: the sky was clear and the sun shone with a cool early morning fresh light feel.

Unfortunately my legs had barely recovered, if at all, but thankfully I still have gear ring number 27 on my bike, and I was able to use that to its full potential!

More Cornish hills had their wicked way with me, but their only and best concession is that they are exquisitely awesome on the way down, to the same degree that they are sadistically painful on the way up. Squatting down on the tri-bars (the sticky-out extra handlebars) is fantastic!

Dartmoor is beautiful and frightening all at once, and has the best ice cream van on the top.
Each night I have met with the most wonderful people, who have fed me, allowed me to spend time in their company, and to sleep in wonderful beds. More about that on another day...

Saturday 4th July - Third Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scotland Proper

My Ride- Gary Fisher 29er X-Caliber//Hardtail

The shame of Gretna Green